Saturday, October 01, 2011

Hello October!

I  love the month of October, now before anyone says.... well your were born in October, I don't believe that that fact has as much importance to me as most would think.... my birthday could be in April and I still would love the month of October just the same. There is just something about this time of year, the changing of the season, the view of the constellations, the crispness in the air,the time of harvesting and  the knowledge that the winter is approaching .... but it is even more than that.... something I cannot explain. Perhaps a lost memory, a forgotten moment that has forever put October close to my heart.... whatever it is I am glad it is here.

 October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen. It is the distant hills once more in sight, and the enduring constellations above them once again.
Hal Borland

No comments: