Tuesday, May 12, 2009

hey there....

Well since I spent most of last week on the Convention for Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes, I thought I would tell everyone today about work.....


I have gone back into the workforce as many of you now know.... I was thrilled to find that my former boss was in need of help in the pharmacy.... and so now I am working there again. I had let my certification as a technician lapse 3 years ago thinking I would not have need for it.... right...

So, that was a priority for me once I started working once more. I had purchased a review manual from Tech Lectures (Joe, I hope you don't mind the ad) and was thrilled that I had retained so much of the needed knowledge in my head!(by the way Joe, the manual is great!) Overall I studied a good month but did not do any real intensive studies until after we got back from convention and I had set my test date. I took a good 2 weeks of studying nightly after work and in any free time I found myself in and then headed off for the test. ....... Let me just say that wow! I was impressed with the new testing procedures. I liked that the test can be taken just about any time now... instead of the 3 or 4 times yearly that was the norm before. I also liked the fact that I was not crammed in a room full of 30 or more testers all testing for the same thing.... the testing facility that I took my test in this time was great! Quiet. Professional. And even though I was a bit nervous ... especially after the first few questions were a bit scary (lol) I got through with the test in under the amount of time given and had plenty of time to review my answers before finishing the test.


And then finding out if you pass or fail there on the spot was great.... I passed, by the way!

Now, I am a fully functioning Certified Pharmacy Technician once again!

No comments: