Monday, March 26, 2007

Wow, a great day here.... ran errands in town with my wonderful husband then he surprised me with a lunch date! Just something simple and non-expensive but it was so nice to go somewhere and feel like a semi - date..... he is just the best!

This evening I made my Sausage/ Apple Pie .... just too good.... and easy to make!
Ingredients:
Pound of Sage Sausage
3 med. Granny Smith Apples (or other tart apples will do)
1 med. onion
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
Swiss cheese ( use as much as you like.... I use lots)
Pie Crusts


Take a pound of Sage Sausage and brown ... crumbling it up good....
take about 3 medium Granny Smith Apples and peel and Dice
one medium onion (I like to use yellow, but red would do just as nicely) diced as well....
after sausage is cooked remove from pan and drain away grease.... then put pan back on heat and add the apples and onions.... stir and let cook for about 5-8 minutes.... then add the sausage back into the pan and mix in with the apples and onions. Add about a half cup of Apple Cider Vinegar and let cook down..... then add to prepared pied shell (I admit ... I use store bought.... I just can't seem to get the crust right) top with Swiss Cheese and then add a criss-cross of crust to the top of pie.... bake at 400 degrees until pie crust is golden.... take out and let stand for just a few minutes and serve ..... mmmmmmmmmmmm goooooooooooodddddd!!!

(I just realized this is the second time this recipe is posted....heehee .... yes, its that good!)

And the family (mostly) loves it!!! (I have a picky eater for a daughter) I had enough tonight to make a second litttle calzone type pie to a friend.... she liked it too!!!

No comments: