Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Mean Mom Title.....

I am a mean mom. There I said it. Its true. I don't let my kids run around without supervision. I don't give them each and every thing that they want. And I make them obey rules! Wow! And to top it all off.... they are to say "Sir" and "Ma'am" when addressing adults! But the funny thing is..... they love me anyway! I get hugs, kisses and lots of precious time with my children. Now, that is not to say we don't have days when they are not at all happy with something they have to do or for the fact they don't get to have something 'just because they want it"...... but, they understand that we (Eric and me) have set rules down that we see for the best of the entire family. We all work, we all help each other out and we all follow the rules. Period. And by making my children obey set rules I get the wonderful privilege of Mean Mom Title.

Mean Mom Title.....

I wear this title every day and everywhere I go-
Ever since I won it, so many years ago.
My oldest son gave it to me one day when he was mad-
I must admit that first day it made me kinda sad.
Didn't he realize, oh why couldn't he understand-
It was not meanness, but love that held his little hand.
Now many years later and my title still going strong-
I smile now at my title, when my children think I'm wrong.
For I see it more and more with each passing year-
Seeds of understanding and knowing how much I hold them dear.

Author~ Traci A


Proverbs 29:15 (NLT) To discipline and reprimand a child produces wisdom, but a mother is disgraced by an undisciplined child.

No comments: