Thursday, September 11, 2008

Homeschooling .....its all new!




I know this post was really designed for those bloggers that have homeschooled before, but as a new homeschooler I wanted to share my feelings on the newness of it all..... each day finds us in new territory.... I have had the girls tell me time and time again.... "I don't like to do things that way" or "its easier for me to do it..." ...... so we are trying new things on an alomst weekly basis.... just this week we have changed around the daily subject routine to see if it works out better.....

I feel as if I'm on the Starship Enterprise and each new day brings new, exciting.... sometimes overwhelming new adventures! (Can you tell I'm a fan?) And for each new discovery.... (like finding a good science book to help my youngest out at the local bookstore for $3.50!) ...... takes us into a better perspective of where we want to be in our homeschooling journey. God has so blessed us in this adventure with our children. Each time I feel a bit overwhelmed ..... He steps in and provides just what I am looking for or needing. Even if its just a good friend that happens to be online at that moment when I desparately need to talk (and sometimes vent!) all of my worries and frustrations out to. A clearer picture is coming into focus .......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post. Yes, God is truly faithful. He always provides just what we need when we need it. I join you in praising Him today!

Lois O'Brien

Amy in TX said...

What a thoughtful post! Especially for a mom that may not realize she needs to try things 50 different ways to find what actually works. And God provides ~ Amen!! Very encouraging!

Carletta said...

Don't worry, Traci. Homeschooling can be overwhelming at first, but just take it step by step and eventually you'll be an old pro! God will definitely meet your every need on this journey.

Carletta

Traci said...

Thank You Ladies... our biggest struggle is to not let the things that come up mess with our routine and school day.... we have had a lot of distractions during the day.... I think everyone is still getting used to the idea that we homeschool but we are still interrupted lots during the day.....we are getting there its just slow.