Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year Everyone!

I know, I know .... I've not been on in like ..... forever.


So. Let me catch everyone up with what has been keeping me busy for the last six weeks.

We bought a house.... a double wide mobile home really, and are now in the process of getting it put on our land. We have been extremely busy at church with lots of new and new to us activities. And to be honest.... I have been so stressed lately I have been avoiding my blog for a bit.... not wanting to stop.... just needing a break. Well, that is the short version .......

Now here is the good stuff.....

As far as church activites.... well, I have taken on the responsibility of cleaning and organizing the Christian Service Center at our congregation.... making sure the kitchen areas and the workroom and gathering room are clean , stocked, and things are put in their place. It is a pretty big job and I have a wonderful friend that helps..... thanks Judy! I could not do it without you!

We have had several smaller gatherings and parties but the Saturday before Christmas our congregation at Lomax (along with several others in the community) had a community feast....... we had a great dinner put together (turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, gravy, cranberry sauce, dessert and drinks) and those in the community were welcome to share company with us at our CSC building or we had many volunteers delivering meals to those unable to get out for any reason. We fed close to 650 that evening!!!!! What a wonderful way the Lord is using our congregation. And we are already making ready for next years feast.

As far as getting ready for the new house to get here.... the paperwork was stalled at the lawyer's office for an extra week or so and it took a month to close..... but we finally signed all papers and are getting ready for all to get moved and done. So far, the water meter has been put in (that was a bit of an ordeal.... the the great guys at City Hall were very helpful )and all is well now. I meet with the engineer from MLEC in the morning to see about what we must do to get the electric taken care of once the home is moved in and set.... I am hoping we can get the power lines underground. And we are waiting on the last 2 bids for our septic system..... and praying for dry weather until all is done. (I will post pics over the next few days and weeks. )

I hope everyone out in blogland had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year...... did lots of celebrating and ate too much of course. Last night we watched Eric's baby sister's 3 boys so she and her husband could get away for a few hours (they were back by 10ish) then we sat up for a night long marathon of Planet of the Apes..... I know.... we are SUCH wild party seeking foggies........hey, the kids had a good time.

Well, I guess that will be all for now..... I will get some pics up soon and will be back here on a regular basis.

No comments: