Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesdays IOW ~ If Mamma Aint Happy....




"'If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!'" We smile as we read the wall plaque in the novelty store. But our smile quickly turns to a frown if truly "Mama ain't happy." This is because the wife and mother in a family often "sets the tone" in the home. The "tone" God wants her to set is one of joy, optimism, and a delight in the Lord and in her family. If your family were called upon to describe you, what would they say?"
~Martha Peace, "The Excellent Wife"

Php 4:9 (NLT) Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you.


Oh my!!! How God works!!! You know God is working on you when you see references in daily things or in something you participate in (like the In Other Words here) and it is about what God is speaking to you in your heart..... this is a daily work for me.... see, I am the poster child for that phrase.... "If Mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" God is dealing we me on my attitude at home..... and that is what it is , my attitude. I want my husband and children to feel only love and support from me.... however I know that I often fall very, very short of that goal.... instead I often get upset way too quickly and before I know it.... ain't nobody in the house happy. And so often it seems the harder I try to do better.... the faster I fall down. Then in frustration with myself.... my temper flares and it has started all over once more.... Sometimes it seems I am in an unending cycle with myself.....

But still I try..... and I am making progress. I know I am better than I was just a few short years ago..... Eric tells me he does see a difference .... but I also know I am not where I need to be in this personal struggle. Please keep me in prayer over this....

3 comments:

Faerylandmom said...

"And so often it seems the harder I try to do better.... the faster I fall down. "

I hear you.

Miriam Pauline said...

It is a progress and sometimes it seems that there are as many steps back as steps forward. I'll be praying for you. Bless you for your honesty!

Anonymous said...

You are right, it's important to get up and try again!
Be blessed!