Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Apple Paloozzzzaaaa! Part 2

Okay, as promised....

Here is Amaris peeling ..... thanks to David & Heather for letting us borrow the peeler.... it made the job so much faster! She has a bowl that she puts the peeled apples in with a mixture of lemon and water....


Mia is slicing and coring the apples. Then we placed the slices in another mixture of lemon and water to keep them from turning brown.


We used the church's kitchen... I used the larger stockpot and could cook up the freezer apples that much faster (did a double batch).


Here is the second bunch of canned apples.... after we took a short afternoon break.

I also dehydrated a good quart size bag (after they were dry) of apples too.

The jelly I made never set.... the jars sealed but the jelly is like syrup... so I have grape and strawberry syrup... I'm sure I'll find something to do with it!

No comments: