Monday, August 25, 2008

Good Monday Morning All.............

I hope the weekend was good for all of you out in blog land..... Ours was not bad....

Friday, Travis woke not feeling well, he went on to school but my sister, Christy, called and said he had come to her class to tell her he was not any better.... after seeing the nursing teacher they decided to call me.... so I got him and took him to the doctor..... had a chest x-ray done... (he was due one anyway.... he contracted TB when he was 3 and had to go through the 9 months of INH treatments) .... I should hear back from that today. And the doctor said it may just be some inflamation in the cartilage around his breastbone and ribs so he put him on light rest and some ibuprofen 3 times daily for the next few days.....

Saturday, my most wonderful, terrific, thoughtful husband made breakfast! We had eggs, bacon and biscuits..... what a treat! Then, I worked on getting my lesson plans done for the next few weeks. Took the kids to my sister's house for my nephew's birthday party and then came home and worked more on lesson plans..... I got most of my lessons planned out through then end of September ..... yipee!

Sunday, we woke, ate breakfast, got ready and went off to services... David (our preacher) had a wonderful sermon. Then we came home and had a nice dinner then had a nice relaxing afternoon. I made homemade butterscotch ice cream for our Sunday night Ice Cream Social..... it was so much fun!

This morning, Travis woke not feeling any better than over the weekend.... so I kept him home again today..... and us girls (and Jed) went to my brother-in-law's graduation..... he has just earned his diploma in ........
Cosmetology!
Yes, he was the only man in the class!!! He is such a natural at it and loves it! His mom owns a salon and his brother's wife works there with her..... now he will join in and make it a whole family business!

Congrats Ryan!!! (we do get family discounts, right?) LOL!

So, since we did not start on time today with class we will be having school later in the day today... we might as well, since it is supposed to rain for the next 4 days! I will be going to see the doctor today about Travis' x-ray and to get a note from him for missing school today..... other than that I just plan on cleaning up a bit and enjoying the rain.....

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments: