Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday's Fixin's

Okay, more leftover recipes here..... I had some "free meats" given to us over this past weekend.... some pulled pork (from the B-B-Que we served at Youth Rally on Saturday) and some chicken left over at my mother/brother's restaurant ...... so why not reinvent the leftovers into something my family will enjoy and not mind eating the same meat once again..... So.....We decided on something with a Mexican flavor to it......enchiladas.

Sour Cream Enchiladas:

chicken (cooked and shredded)
tortilla shells (i personally like to use the small flour ones)
8oz of Sour Cream
1 can of Rotel
1can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
shredded cheese



First we mixed each meat with a half can of Rotel (mixed diced tomatoes and chilies) and about 1 cup of shredded cheese (Cheddar and Monterey Jack is what we used last night). This is the chicken mixture.


Then in a mixing bowl we mixed the Cream of Mushroom soup and the Cream of Chicken soup with the Sour Cream... blending it together with a wisk. Then after heating up the tortilla shells up just a bit so they would fold better we spooned on just a bit of the cream mixture on each shell and spread out just a bit in the center.



Then added a good amount of the meat mixture, remembering I must be able to fold the tortillas.



Placing the folded tortillas in a baking dish I have sprayed with non-sicking spray.



Then top with the rest of the cream mixture and some more shredded cheese. Then its off to bake at 350 for about half an hour or so.



I made a double batch so I could feed my army.....and company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those looke really good ~ but I think I need some of that "nonsicking spray" at my house! Lol!

Denita~~