Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!!



Happy Mother's Day wishes to all of you wonderful mother's out there!

Just a few quotes and stories to bring a smile and perhaps even a laugh....

"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." ~ Mark Twain


"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."
-- Albert Einstein


"The phrase "working mother" is redundant."
-- Jane Sellman

“If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” - Milton Berle

"Any child can tell you that the sole purpose of a middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble."- Dennis Fakes

“The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.” – Calvin Trillin



"It is amazing how quickly the kids learn the operation of the DVD, yet are unable to understand the vacuum cleaner." - Etienne Marchal

“Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same; and most mothers kiss and scold together.” - Pearl S. Buck




Funny Story.... author ..... a MOM



Have you ever asked your child a question too many times? My three-year-old son had a lot of problems with potty training and I was on him constantly. One day we stopped at Taco Bell for a quick lunch in between errands. It was very busy, with a full dining room. While enjoying my taco, I smelled something funny, so of course I checked my seven-month-old daughter, and she was clean. Then I realized that Danny had not asked to go potty in a while.
I asked him if he needed to go, and he said "No".
I kept thinking "Oh Lord, that child has had an accident, and I don't have any clean clothes with me."
Then I said, "Danny, are you SURE you didn't have an accident?" "No," he replied. I just KNEW that he must have had an accident, because the smell was getting worse.
So, I asked one more time, "Danny, did you have an accident?" This time he jumped up, yanked down his pants, bent over, spread his cheeks and yelled "SEE MOM, IT'S JUST FARTS!!"
While 30 people nearly choked to death on their tacos laughing, he calmly pulled up his pants and sat down. An older couple made me feel better, thanking me for the best laugh hey'd ever had!



Moms, now, didn't that feel good to laugh?


Lev 19:3 (NKJV) 'Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father, and keep My Sabbaths: I am the LORD your God.



PS...... Mom, you are wonderful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Traci! Hope you had a restful day...we celebrate in March, so no rest for me!

Love, Tina :)