Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tuesdays IOW ~ Hosea 2:14






Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly to her.
Hosea 2:14



God calls His people out from the world, leading us out into the desert to a place that most would find desolate and full of only trials and hardships..... without comfort or hope. And it is there in that wilderness where God reaches for us, woos us to HIM by speaking tenderly to our hearts..... softening it, comforting it, assuring it and filling it with the vastness of hope only HE can provide. Showing us a dwelling place in the dessert filled with the wonderful bounty of HIS blessings and love reserved just for us. Look now on the next verse:

15 (ESV) And there I will give her her vineyards
and make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.
And there she shall answer as in the days of her youth,
as at the time when she came out of the land of Egypt.

God will turn our valley of troubles into a door of hope.... transforming our trials into the hope of Christ Jesus. Oh how God loves us! Even though we have turned our backs on Him so often, He still would have us enter into His presence and to bestow all the wonderous blessings that He holds for us!

I know that in our lives God has brought us out to the wilderness to show us more of His great love for us as a family.... in the last couple of years God wooed us with tender and comforting talk in our lives... brought forth many blessings in our lives and brought us closer to Him. He has sent us wonderful Christian friends to help give us counsel, support and true bonds of love. He has caused Eric and myself to really start to bear each others burdens the way He intended for husbands and wives to do and has help us grow in Him as a family. He has shown us an abundance of work we are suited for to do for His Glory. And he has supplied each and every one of our NEEDS in our wanderings through the desert places.


Eze 34:25 -26 (NLT) "I will make a covenant of peace with them and drive away the dangerous animals from the land. Then my people will be able to camp safely in the wildest places and sleep in the woods without fear. I will cause my people and their homes around my holy hill to be a blessing. And I will send showers, showers of blessings, which will come just when they are needed.

How wonderful are the promises of God..... and what a personal God He wants to be to us.... Look at all the verses ..... "I am now going to allure her"......"I will lead her".... "I will give her her" ...."I will make a covenant"... ."And I will send showers"......repeatedly He tells us that He will do it.... He wants His people to know He cares for them so much that He does the things He says He will do .... He does not send someone in His place.... He is the one taking care of us and all our needs!

Read more Tuesday's IOW's at Titus 2 Woman..... thanks Heather for hosting this week!

6 comments:

Shari said...

It's so neat to read about what God is doing for your family. How wonderful that He is drawing your family closer to Him, strengthening your godly marriage, and providing for your needs.

Heather said...

He is such an intimate God!

Autumn E. Keel said...

It is SO great that it is Him that takes care of us, and in His timing He brings those showers of blessings!
Praise God for the Christian friends He has brought for you, and for myself. I thank Him for the Christian bloggers I have found through these Christian meme's, for staying in the word and loving us!

May God continue to bless you!

In Christ,
Audie

Denise said...

God is so awesome, bless you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post Traci, it blessed me today.

Love, Tina :)

Miriam Pauline said...

Great thoughts! Thanks for sharing.