Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Its Youth Rally time!

This Friday and Saturday will be our 14th annual Lomax Youth Rally! We have been so very blessed to be a part of this work. This year's theme is Transform to Royalty. We are hoping for a good crowd of around 700 this year!

I am looking forward to be a part of this ministry once again this year. Our children look forward to this event each year! It is such a blessing to see so many youth gather to hear God's word. Travis will be taking on new responsibility this year as he has been asked to help with the men that oversee the parking lot. I think its great that he is stepping into responsible roles. Mia and Amaris will help with greeting everyone. I have also been blessed with being able to be off work for the Youth Rally.... its my weekend off and my boss let me off the second half of the day on Friday to help prepare for it!

This is a big rally... we start feeding everyone at 6PM on Friday then after supper and fellowship we have a wonderful time of singing and a devotional. Several congregations stay overnight (we have a campground that we use close by.) Then Saturday morning we feed everyone a big breakfast (yes, including Chocolate Gravy!) and then have classes, singings, and devotionals throughout the day... we feed them a good lunch and an afternoon snack before the final session and send everyone off hoping they have been blessed. I know I get a blessing from it!

Please pray for our Youth Rally ... that souls will be reached, touched and that we are a blessing to all that come!

No comments: