Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Wednesday's Word ~ His Will in our lives.

For by the grace (unmerited favor of God) given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate and think of himself more highly than he ought [not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance], but to rate his ability with sober judgment, each according to the degree of faith apportioned by God to him. Romans 12:6 (Amplified Bible)

You know there are many things I have dreamed of doing..... most I will never accomplish.... some are things that I am just not proficient at. I think Paul is giving such good advice in the above verse (and I love how the Amplified Bible reads this verse) ..... we should not have a exaggerated opinion of our own importance... and we should rate our own abilities with sober judgement. Will I ever be a famous artist.... a much sought after author and speaker ... probably not. I do enjoy artwork and I love to write. But, where am I most productive... is it to be the person that can be called in the middle of the day or night when there is an emergency? Or how about just comforting someone when they come into the pharmacy. God calls us to many tasks in our lives... by failing to focus on His will for us ..... and failing to take the opportunities He presents to us moment by moment... day by day... we may prevent ourselves from accomplishing the unique works that He has called for each of us to do.

No comments: