Monday, March 01, 2010

Monday's Musings....

The strength of a man consists in finding out the way God is going, and going that way. -- Henry Ward Beecher


God is dealing with me on this.... you know.... following His will for my life. Being obedient to Him... serving Him where He puts me. But I grumble... I argue .... I say to God... are you sure you really want me for this???? Sounds like I've been taking lessons from Jonah.... huh?

I was so happy where I was... content to go along with my days. But perhaps God wanted more from me than just contentment. God wants me on His schedule...... doing His deeds..... learning to overcome the challenges He allows to cross my path by trusting in Him to see me through. Learning to be patient with my situation and humbling myself to Him and His calling on my life. I think that is one of the reasons that our life can seem to get "turned upside down".... and everything can seem to "pour right into our laps" ..... God is waiting for us to call out to Him to right our world and to take the burden from us.

You know there are some days ... some weeks even that I wonder why God wanted me back into the workforce.... I was so happy to be a stay at home mom.... I loved being here with the kids, cooking, taking care of the house.... having freedom in my schedule. And then there are days I have to thank the Lord for putting me in that pharmacy to reach out to those who may be hurting when a loved one is hurt or sick. I am able to stop and speak with someone who may be headed for surgery... or rejoice with them over a successful procedure....... I have found the blessings in my workplace and I am so humbled that God would ask this of me.

I am grateful for the time God allowed me to be home with the kids. I am also grateful that Eric is home with them now... and that we are able to live off of just the one salary. God has blessed us with a wonderful church family and great friends... we are blessed to be a part of many works for the Church and for new opportunities that come our way to work in new areas for Him. I am so blessed that our children are learning to be servants as well. God is so good to us in so many different ways!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Those are great thoughts, Traci! Sometimes God changes our circumstances and it can be hard to figure out why. Yet, it seems like you are looking for His blessings where ever He places you!