Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Not the best day....

So I sleep in just a bit this morning with the baby ....I get up feed him and hear the door opening...thought it might be one of my aunts coming in to check on me or something like that and instead it was my hubby....he had just been let go from work....they told him they needed someone that could be there.....not someone who has to take off due to his migraines.(The migraines have gotten bad the last few years and he has had to take off more and more.....we have seen numerous doctors about them and had test after test run to no avail.) So, what to do now? We are trying to keep our spirits up and praying about this....we hope that it will be a blessing in the long run and that God will open up doors for us.



We had company last night for dinner ..... a couple from the congregation we attend came to help us try out a new recipe I found ..... Sausage & Apple Pie...it was great! So, here is the recipe.....(I tweaked it somewhat)


1 pound Sage Sausage


2-3 Granny Smith Apples


1 good sized Onion


1 cup Apple Cider


1-2 teaspoons Vinegar


8 slices of Swiss Cheese


Pie crust for 1 pie (top and bottom)



Brown the sausage in skillet and dice the apples and onion in good size chunks. Drain the sausage and then put apples and onions in pan with last of the drippings to cook....slowly add the Apple Cider and Vinegar and let cook .....add in sausage after it has drained for a min or 2 to get most of the grease out. Simmer the mixture until most of the juice is cooked away. Line the bottom of pie crust with slices of Swiss Cheese then pour sausage/apple mixture over top of cheese. Add remaining cheese slices to top of mixture and cut top pie crust to form a "weave" top. Bake at 350 for about 30 min or until pie crust is golden. Enjoy!



Well, I hear the baby once more, so off I will be! Please keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just a phone call or a very short walk away....